Hello. its been a really long time since I updated this, and the only reason Im doing it is because I wanted to share some of what I have learned since I started this tank.
So, its been a little over a year exactly since I started this tank, and I honestly have what could be considered the simplest set up in the entire world.
Here are some Full tank shots:
as you can see, things are going well.
So here is why I wanted to post. If you look in the left side, you'll notice a vine growing up towards the top of the tank and another growing towards the middle. That's a single plant of your garden variety golden pothos. It wasn't doing so well in the pot that it had been living in so I figured, why not try to see if it could flourish in here.
Did it ever! it has grown so big it is growing out of the top of the tank.
As you can see, I've lost all my trellis raft plants, I dont know if it was the fish that ate them or what happened, but all the pileas and everything just sort of got sad and died.
Overall, here is what is in the tank from left to right in the first image:
1. The original Anthurium that I put in the tank a year ago - It's never flowered of grown much, but it also hasn't died.
2. Ribbon plant - the kind that you get at petsmart in the tube
3. Golden pothos - from my plant
4: Golden pothos - cutting from the left side of the plant. It did so well, I wanted to try to fill the other side.
5. Amazon sword - another petsmart tube. some leaves burn at the edges, but its over 6 months old and doing okay.
6. Spathiphyllum - the original that Hydrophite sent be over a year ago. Stll no flowers and still pretty small, but always new leaves.
7. Ribbon plant - another of the kind that you get at petsmart in the tube
There are about 60 gallons of water in the tank. 1 fluval U4 filter and 1 little airstone (I do weekly water changes because King Bubba is a filthy pig), and a basic automatic heater. No humidifier (this is Miami) and I basically add nothing to the water but prime. Water quality is tested and before every change and stays pretty lever.
I hope you guys can take away from this what I did: golden pothos loooooves the tank and moderate humidity (which by Miami standards is about 80% constantly). Anyways, After logging in and looking at my old photos, I want my trellis rafts back. Any suggestions?
King Bubba says hi.