Been a while since I updated, so I guess its time. I actually snapped these pictures back in August, just haven't had time to get them posted. Right now the duckweed has really started to grow, and most have roots of an inch or more, so its quite a bit different from the pictures. I'll have to update again soon.
I added a couple of Forget-Me-Nots to either side of the emerging driftwood.
And a close-up of the interior of the driftwood cave;
I've been experimenting with some different mosses, but don't think I'm keeping them sprayed enough. I think I'm going to have to add a fog maker of some type to get the effect I'm really looking for with this portion of the tank.
The emergent driftwood has become nicely covered with the Java moss, and I'm pretty pleased with the effect;
Unfortunately my Rabbitsfoot fern has died way back and lost all of it's old root growth, so I added a native fern from my bog tank in that I know does well under emersed conditions (on the right);
One of the mounted orchids bloomed this month, so a couple shots of it;
and an updated end shot;