The Planted Tank Forum banner

Any suggestions/experiences with arboreal herps?

904 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ducky14523 
#1 ·
Hey folks, i've got what amounts to a green house with the dimensions equal to a 45 gallon tank on top of a 45 gallon tank. It is fully planted with pothos vines, orchid, tilandsia, the pothos is grown hydroponically in the aquarium(roots are a mass starting about 3 inch in the water). day temps get up to 80(highest, more likely 75), night temps drop as low as 60(lowest, more likely 65). I'd like to add some life into it. So any suggestions for a herp that is arboreal, can swim should it fall in to the water, deals with high humidity, likes cool nights and isn't big enough to eat three inch fish? it is not out of the question to add a heating element, but since the tank is kept at 76, i wouldn't want an animal that required so much heat as to effect water temp. also suggestions on how to add a heating source more then welcome. thanks you.

#7 ·
i'm thinking a gecko might be the way to go. Not big on the concept of frogs calling at night(i hate cricket calls, i imagine tree frogs to be the same but louder!). the dart frogs seem awesome, imitators esp. except i read them as being climbers, more then arboreal, and they'd most likely drown. maybe i'll just turn up the heat and adopt a grumpy old tokay. lol these are all good ideas though, they've led me to websites. thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.