Originally Posted by TheGiantDwarfShrimp
No CO2, 4 t8 bulbs 6500k, and it is a dirted tank with MTS as substrate capped with pool filter sand. I have not changed the lights since setting up the tank. Could that be an issue?
I have pretty good surface agitation in the tank and I am under stocked so I don't think oxygen would be an issue. I will probably do a water change today so I will take out as much of the algae as possible. Will dwarf shrimp eat this?
It may be a nitrate issue; do you have a nitrate reading?
I don't think lighting is a contributing issue in this case.
Rather than surface agitation, it could be a flow issue (i.e. the area where the algae is proliferating is a dead spot).
Dwarf shrimp will not eat this algae.