The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 75 gallon tank, should I use 1 or 2 heaters?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
Originally Posted by Aquarist14 View Post
I haven't actually started filling the tank yet, I'm still in the beginning stage where I'm getting all my equipment and such. I just got an Aquatop CF500 which I think will suffice a 75 just fine and I'm not really interested in getting an inline since it could reduce the flow. But I'm defiantly looking at the Jager's they have the best reviews so far.

Btw I do have glass tops but they're pretty much coated in mineral deposits I've tried vinegar, CLR and both of them didn't really do much. I don't really want to buy some new glass tops since they'd be another $40, I'm on a tight budget. Any other ideas...

Also, the reason why my tank is in my basement is that I'm skeptical our floors can support the weight. I know some members have even larger tanks than mine on their floors, so is this a problem or am I just paranoid.
That's kind of the way I was thinking when I setup my 75G in my basement, but think of furniture some people have in their houses, gotta weight 500, 600 pounds, etc. I was more concerned about leaving marks in my hardwoods.

Also, I have 1 250W in my 75G, BUT I have heat in the basement.

temporary tanks for the time being...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome