The Planted Tank Forum banner

H2O2/Excel treatment

843 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  homemadepopcorn 
#1 ·
I reacently tore down my 55g and am in the process of restarting using the dry start method. Before taring down I had quite a bit of alge on the drift wood in the tank and since I am misting everything down regularly I'm sure it is still kicking. I thought that while it is dry I would wipe it down with H2O2 and excel alternating days to make sure that I can kill it. Should there be any problems with my plan. Is there anything that I need to watch out for or anything I need to do before I fill the tank or should the water be enough to dilute it to a safe amount once filled? I will most likely have it filled for a while bofore any fish are added.

Kory

#3 ·
The problem is that they are attached to slate and in a MTS toped with florite black sand, and I am afraide that if I remove them from the tank I will mix the sbustrate to much. I was trying to get away with treating in the tank and not removing them. If I were to wipe them down and not rince them would that cause a problem.

Kory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.