The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 Gallon Low Tech Collectoritis Tank

8K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  aokashi 
#1 ·
I just trimmed down my 1 gallon betta tank. The problem I've been having with the HM is that accidentally pulling up one node will uproot an entire system of HM :/ so the "carpet" looks like it's been turned upside down and inside out... I'm hoping it will settle down again soon T_T

Plants tend to stunt in here... which suits my purposes fairly well...

The nice side of the carpet

The uprooted side D:

Master of the tank :)

Azolla with curly roots that gets tangled in EVERYTHING

Photos of it starting off...

Oh and the collectoritis list:

rotala najenshan
rotala mini
+3 other rotalas
mayaca fluviatilis
star grass
staurogen repens
pogostemon erectus
HM
elatine triandra
crypt...sp(?)
peacock moss
limno mini
giant baby tears
bolbitis
azolla
ludwigia...(stray)
riccia (stray)
susswassertang(stray)
+lots of random stray moss

See less See more
#12 ·
Haha, thank you.
I got the azolla off an awesome tpt member acitydweller, who is local :)
I'm adding blyxa to my tank tomorrow >.> one more plant to the collection!
We need a plantedex ;)

Btw this is totally off topic... but I have a Rhode Island Red hen back in Australia :D

Kuro looks like a flower :D
XD he was hunting for blackworms i think...

Wonderful tank! Lucky fish.. I'd live in it ;)

What filter are you running? Also, what lighting do you have to sustain all of that?
I'm running an azoo mignon 60/redsea nano/ deep blue nano (they're almost all identical) and a 23a 6500k cfl. :)
here's a pic of the light, it's shared between two tanks

#23 ·
Three otos now >.> gonna get something from someone about fish abuse and over stocking soon....

I'll have to see, from past experience I may still have to dose micros and less macros. But I've only had these guys for two days, so I'm holding off the ferts to see if they can feed the system. The betta doesn't have much bioload at all. The bulk of the bioload come from the hoard of pond snails...

woke up to this guy trying to nom algae off the HOB outflow. :p

#24 ·
Eh....I think we are all guilty of overstocking at times. I don't see a problem with it so long as you maintain a regular water change schedule.

I'm going to use your tank as ammo against my wife. She was amazed when I brought her to the ADA store in Ridgewood. Pictures of tanks like yours will get her in the mood. All I need is a short window.....I don't need much time to hook one up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.