The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Kinda wanna tear down my big tank
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Algae Grower
Originally Posted by wendyjo View Post
Yeah I think sometimes you can just can burned out even with something you basically enjoy. Part of my problem is that I don't have room to store my empty tank. It's an odd size and shape and is no longer made and I got it specifically cause it's the only thing that really fits in the only space I have for a decent sized tank. So if I tear it down I'll have to get rid of it, and I'm worried I'll regret it. I've considered having a plant only tank, but I don't think I'd like that and I'd always be tempted to add fish to it.
I've seen a lot of people on here who go without CO2, filterless, and without water changes for months on end and they have awesome tanks. You'd probably have to adjust the type of plants you use, and lessen your bioload (maybe get some big fancy snails if you can't stand to not have critters?), but it's possible to reduce the amount of maintenance you need to do. I have a low-tech tank and change out about 25-30% of the water every 2 weeks, and the only reason I do it that frequently is b/c I have dirt in the tank, and I didn't take all the wood chips out of it, so by the end of 2 weeks my water is like a light tea color when viewed from the side.

Anyway, if you do decide to break it down, let me know. My husband will kill me but I wouldn't mind picking up another setup.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome