The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Kinda wanna tear down my big tank
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
Originally Posted by DaveMcKenz View Post
Hi Wendy,
It's none of my business but you sound kind of down or depressed even. With 2700 posts, this is not a new toy that has lost its shine. I suspect something else is changing your outlook on aquaristics and maybe other things. That would fall under the category of hopefully just a phase. If I am wrong, I'm sorry. If I'm right, please talk to someone about your problems, whatever they may be. I wish you only the best and please take care.
Good luck,
Nah, I'm alright. I've had this tank up for about 5 years now - maybe 6 (can't remember). I truly am just sick of messing with it. Dragging the big Python out, dripping water and duckweed and snails all over the floor. It's just becoming a drag. Like I said I'd still keep my 5g betta tanks, and I'd miss seeing the tank cause it's a lovely jungle. But I'm just tired of it.

I dunno what I'll do. Probably nothing. One school of fish was given to me by a friend and they are some type of rasbora that's not sold in chain stores, and I've had them 2 or 3 years now so as they are dying off I'm not replacing them. So maybe as the bio load gets lighter I can lengthen the time between water changes to every 2 weeks.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome