The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Kinda wanna tear down my big tank
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
Kinda wanna tear down my big tank

By big I mean 40g. I'm just kind of tired of it. I love the way it looks and I would miss seeing it, but I'm at the point where maintenance is feeling too much like a chore even tho it's just a 15 minute water change a week. Just tired of worrying about the fish being healthy, doing the water changes, pulling duck weed out each week (lol) - all of it.

My problem is that I have no one to give my fish to. I won't do craigslist - I just feel like they're my repsonsibility and I'm worried some stranger won't take good care of them. I rehomed a few SAE's a few years back (to someone on here no less) and both ended up dead not long after. And all my fish are schoolers except for my BN, so just waiting till they eventually die out doesn't seem fair to the 1 or 2 of each kind that will eventually be left on their own. So I feel like I'm stuck in a cycle of buying new fish I don't really want to keep the ones I currently have (and really don't want either) happy.

Just venting I guess. I love my little betta tanks and would keep those no matter what. But I've just lost my passion for the most part.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome