The Planted Tank Forum banner

Post your shrimp tanks!

96K views 240 replies 103 participants last post by  Xerobull 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I don't have a dedicated shrimp tank, I would like to see yours! Please list plants, hardscape, and shrimp. Any tank. I have heard of Berta bowls with one RCS to massive 80 gallon colonies! Did I mention I want pics? Thanks! :):D

#33 ·
10gal PFR

Here is 10 gal PFR tank.
Substrate Up Aqua .Filter Aquaclear 50 with floss, purigen and eheim BioBalls.
SS 350micron prefilter. Large sponge filter. Plants: moss, fern, anubias etc.
PH7.5,GH7,KH3-4,TDS 250.Feeding 3x a week, kens sticks, algae waffles, crab cuisine, shrimp quisine, boiled spinach. Time to time BT-9, gravidas bio+
Water changes 10% a week, cleaning filter and sponge 2x a month.

Attachments

#39 ·
I'm glad to see nice shrimp tanks!!

( I don't appreciate that somehow having a shrimp tank became an excuse for having an ugly tank) lol!;)

Well this one is just done, I had to tear it down, had a leak:

30 gal, ferts, co2, no wc

And this is the one I kept:

5 gal, lil ferts, no co2, wk wc.

#44 ·
Mine are nothing compared to these, but the RCS tank is filled with magic water. I have 200+ juveniles in the tank at all times regardless of how many I remove. Also any plant that goes in there thrives.

This is my tiger shrimp tank that's only been set up a few weeks. I'm hoping to see some berried females soon.

Once I do I'm making a third 29g shrimp tank. I haven't decided if I want a new species or just a larger colony.

#49 · (Edited)
Nowhere fancy as most but its working...lots of babies and noticed one of the females yesterday so full of eggs she could barely move it seemed:

10gal, PFR's (no culls from source so really a mix), taiwan moss, fissidens, couple stems of macaranda, some pearl weed, dwarf sag, dwl frogbit, salvinia, duckweed. filtered by a dual sponge air driven and an ac30 with large sponge prefilter, lighting is standard hood with 2 13w cfls. Also has subwassertang and another variety of moss and IAL and one or two alder cones.

#55 ·
Here is my 80G!

Is a 5months old tank (aprox), soil is brightswell Rio Escuro and cosmetic sand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

#68 ·
The first photo is my Mini-M that has CRS/CBS/Snowwhite/Yellows

Fissidens, xmas moss, UG, HM, Hydro Japan, and random floaters. This is an old photo the Crypts are gone.

Water Plant Green Pet supply Organism

This second photo is a 3gal that has Red Rili/Supreme Reds and a lonely TT. Sorry for the blurry iphone pic.

Plants: Mini Fissiden, HM, Guppy grass, Java fern, pelia.

Plant Plant community Green Water Botany

#74 ·
The first photo is my Mini-M that has CRS/CBS/Snowwhite/Yellows

Fissidens, xmas moss, UG, HM, Hydro Japan, and random floaters. This is an old photo the Crypts are gone.

View attachment 82362

This second photo is a 3gal that has Red Rili/Supreme Reds and a lonely TT. Sorry for the blurry iphone pic.

Plants: Mini Fissiden, HM, Guppy grass, Java fern, pelia.

View attachment 82370
Nice tanks! Are you using Amazonia and Africana in the first one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.