The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - First Planted Tank (50gal) - New Pics (56k warning)
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 AM
Algae Grower
Hi Tetrafan, by the way your tank looks very nice. I'm fairly new to the planted tank world but from what I've learned so far is that Tetra's are great fish, especially for beginner aquarists. I have a 20 gallon tall tank with 10 Long Finned Black Skirt Tetra's, which are great little fish. They remind me a little of Angelfish which is my 2nd favorite type of fish. Anyway, I was curious as to what type of plants you have in your tank? Also, what kind of substrate do you have in your tank? I have pictures of my tetra tank and the plants that I have in my tank as of right now are:
1) Amazon Sword
2) Water Sprite
3) Anacharis
4) 2 Anubias Nana
5) Dwarf Hair Grass
6) Java Moss
7) Flame Moss
8) Baby Tears

Also some plants that are my favorite which I don't have in my tank right now are:
1) Any species of the Anubias plants including the ones I have in my tank
2) Jungle Val
3) Guppy Grass
4) Lemon Bacopa
5) Any of the Cambomba species
6) Star Grass
7) There's a specific Ludwigia plant at my LFS but I can't remember which one it is at the moment

Anyway, I have found that most tetra's like a heavily planted tank too. It gives them a more sense of security. I hope this helps and I really do like your tank, it does look very nice. I also like the different types of tetra's you have too. Very nice tank!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130130_171528.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	77858  

Last edited by TetraChelle; 01-31-2013 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Attaching a picture
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome