The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The *BEST* (Tom Barr's) low-tech start-up tank method. Easy to read beginner's guide!
View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Cinbos
Planted Tank Obsessed

The *BEST* (Tom Barr's) low-tech start-up tank method. Easy to read beginner's guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
This will be low light, with Excel, and possibly with DIY CO2 if I run into too sluggish plant growth. My light is a DIY LED light that I adjust the LED driver to get whatever PAR I want, within a narrow band - about 15-30 micromols of PAR. It is set for 20 right now. The substrate will be ADA Aquasoil, mostly Africana, with some Amazonia mixed in. And, the filter will be a Hamburger Mattenfilter.
Gotchya, I know I want to go about mineralizing the soil just like the link you posted, but I currently getting some ideas about going about it. Dolomite and potash seem to be hard things to find around me, not sure what else to substitute it with.

55 Gallon Planted

Fish
3 GBR, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Juvenile Super Red BN Plecos, 9 Oto Catfish, 9 Bloodfin Tetras
Plants
Rotala Indica, Cardamine, Crypt Spiralis, Pygmy Chain Swords, Dwarf Sag, Lutea Crypt, Wendtti Bronze and Red, and Floating Frogbit

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome