♫You load sixteen tons, what do you get?♫
♫Another day older and deeper in debt..♫
Well, maybe not quite that much, but I still moved at least a few ton of stone this weekend! Here are the supplies I gathered Friday night - from the leftovers when we built a wall 20 years ago...
I started out by cutting away some of the excess liner and getting the underlayment ready to place after moving the rest of the stones out of the work area.
The "Help" - NOT!.... Between Friday and Saturday morning, I must have found at least a half dozen of these helpers. Most were garters, but I also found one lone baby milk snake (or possibly a corn snake??) as I was moving the big flat rocks that had been dug from the pond excavation.
I layed out the first few courses, then put the hose back on it to see if I was getting the desired effect. Looks like it will work well at this height.
After I had the stream nearly built to length, I hooked up the waterfall weir temporarily to see how large the flow would be so I could place it correctly at the top of the stream.
I hope the whole thing doesn't slide down the hill with age and freeze cycles....
The weir was leveled in a bed of sand, topped with a half concrete block for a stable base.
The top will have a load more stones built up around it to make it blend into the hillside - so it seems a bit out of place still. You can see the rock I will be cutting to fit into the spillway sitting just in front of the weir.
I ran out of time and energy, so I still need to foam in all the stream rocks and build up all around the sides and end of the stream. After all, I do need a second job after I get home from work each day
. I did at least get most of my edge rocks placed around the pond itself.