Finally a chance to update this thread. It has been cold here, as it has been everywhere so I didn't get much time to work on this project. Also, I've been busy with other things. Anyway, back to the bathtub.
The tub as you can see is a little off kilter, but it seems to be fine. I placed concrete blocks under each foot of the tub, and buried under them are cinder blocks to create a kind of foot print. This hopefully will keep the tub from sinking into the ground over time, and keep the feet off the ground so they don't rust.
I could not find a suitable old faucet for this tub so I just reattached the old one. It is completely clogged with rust and useless, which stinks, but it is what it is. I flipped the faucet upside down because the cap for the hole below it wouldn't fit otherwise. To plug the large hole under the faucet I was able to use a 2" PVC pipe and cap. It's not pretty, but I couldn't find the metal plate thing that goes there in real tubs. Apparently, the hole in this tub is just a little larger than normal ones.
The bottom drain was a bit of a pain. I intended to attach a spigot that I could turn on and off to let the water out and use the drain as an actual drain. Unfortunately I just couldn't get that to work. Basically, at a certain point the water weight was too much and leaks would start at the joints. Finally, with the tub full I simply took a PVC pipe cap, put some silicon caulk on it and just stuck it to the drain. I worked. It's not exactly what I wanted, but if it works it works. I will probably drain the tub again and see if I can't somehow get the spigot to work, but if I can't, the PVC cap will be the solution.
The filter is simply a pump sunk inside of a cinder block and it's output is attached to a small canister filter. I will probably figure out some media sandwich to put inside the cinder block as a permanent media, but for now I am just using some filter floss as a pre-filter for the pump.
Last edited by Fishumms; 05-01-2015 at 12:08 AM.