Gave the tank an initial cleaning to get it most of the way ready, and went over the stand a bit too. Then I did the foam as I mentioned earlier:
After that I took care of some of the stand modifications I wanted. I wanted a built in place to hang my wet stuff after I've used it, mounted my power strip, and most importantly did a quick rig to keep the overhead light from tilting towards the bed due to the weight of the power cord. Not a stunning setup, and I'll probably stick some weight on the other side in the future, but it works for now.
Will put the tank in place sometime this afternoon or evening and continue the vinegar heavy cleaning that is still invaded my nostrils now.
Stripping (for top glass) $3
Duct tape (for foam and top glass) $5