The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 「R.I.P」My First Planted Tank
View Single Post
post #72 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
Originally Posted by BoxxerBoyDrew View Post

Your tank is looking very good!!! The Gloso is spreading very well and the crypts are sweet!!!
Thank you, it really means a lot to me! I worked hard to get these results.

As for the skimmer, I only use it for about 10 minutes in the morning to clear things up for the rest of the day, then I take the cup out or else it will start to fall apart (it's paper). It is not a permanent piece of equipment.

Originally Posted by BoxxerBoyDrew View Post
p.s. Are your lights HO(high output) or Normal output? I am asking because I have a 29g that was given to me, and since you are getting great gloso growth with your light setup, I was wondering! Thanks

Just kidding
My light fixture is a Hagen Glo 36 inch Dual-bulb T5HO fixture with the bulbs being Giesemann Aquaflora and Midday both being 39 watts.

This is where all my light problems came to an end:

Thank you Hoppy!!!

There is a chart that shows the PAR measurements of common fixtures, which is what I used to pick my light. It may not seem like it but my tank is considered a "low light tank" according to the chart. I don't have enough experience to say too much about why I am getting good growth, but I have to say when I got my CO2 down and started sticking to a good fertilizer regime lots of things were fixed. Good luck on that 29g!!!!

I might halt the rotalas for a while since we are getting a dog; things are gonna get hectic here
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome