The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The *BEST* (Tom Barr's) low-tech start-up tank method. Easy to read beginner's guide!
View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 AM
Cinbos
Planted Tank Obsessed

The *BEST* (Tom Barr's) low-tech start-up tank method. Easy to read beginner's guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
Since I am about ready to re-set up my tank again, with ADA Aquasoil as the substrate, and I want to try dry starting the carpet plants, I have been doing more research. My once favorite plant for this was Marsilea minuta, but then I read that the emersed version is often much different from the submersed version, making it a poor dry start candidate. Other plants I thought might work, had similar problems. In fact I ended up thinking that only HC, glosso, dwarf hairgrass, and possibly a couple more, would be expected to do well with a dry start. I now think I will use Sagitaria subulata, and a submersed start. Of course, tomorrow is another day!
Will this be low tech or high tech?

55 Gallon Planted

Fish
3 GBR, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Juvenile Super Red BN Plecos, 9 Oto Catfish, 9 Bloodfin Tetras
Plants
Rotala Indica, Cardamine, Crypt Spiralis, Pygmy Chain Swords, Dwarf Sag, Lutea Crypt, Wendtti Bronze and Red, and Floating Frogbit

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome