The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! Updated 12/7/14 NEW PICS!!
View Single Post
post #342 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Friggin. Conformist.
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz
Thank you Keithy! There are so many good tanks and systems on here; it would be foolish of me to be anything but humble.

Wolf--you're quite welcome! I'm always happy to help, or offer my advice/opinion. I don't find the need for a pH meter in a planted tank. I suppose that it might be a good safeguard, just like a UV sterilizer is, but I don't believe that you "need" one. pH fluctuations are normal, even drastic pH swings are normal for these fish out in The Wild. I don't think that going from pH 6.8 to pH 6.0 or 6.1 overnight is that big a deal. If you are worried, simply add an airstone and have a pump pushing O2 through the airstone at night after the CO2 goes off. If you're having massive pH swings, something is terribly, terribly wrong with your system. I don't think that most people will ever experience such issues with their tanks, though, under normal conditions with even regular, minimal maintenance.

Kinder. Goth.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome