hi. i've always been fascinated with riparium set-ups so im gonna start my own. im setting it up with an existing planted tank with all low light plants. currently medium to high lighting with co2 injection. posted a photo of the initial set up. background and leftside of the tank is till going to be painted with flat black. just need a few advices:
- should i adjust my ei dosing since i raised my lights about 3in from original height and its gonna be shaded by the emersed plants. still want to run my co2 coz its plumbed via rex grigg reactor.
- can i still keep my water level all the way to the top? im just concerned about my fishes. i got 7 tiger barbs and 1 bristle nose pleco in that 25gal. they might not like the small volume of water if i lowered it.
- would an old rubber black flipflop be a good idea as an alternative for the trellis raft? it just crossed my mind. i might be able to follow the pattern from the original trellis being used in repariums.
- what plants can i suspend on these rafts?
- what other house plants can you suggest with my existing set up? right now i have cuttings from my Dracaena sanderiana and Dieffenbachia. are there any dracaena sp suitable for ripariums? garden centers doesnt sell pond plants till late spring.
thanks a lot in advance for all your advices and thoughts on my current set up. hope to hear from you guys especially the ones with experience with ripariums. I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!!!