The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Minivans...
Thread: Minivans...
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Planted Member
PTrader: (2/100%)
Listen to what I'm going to tell you. First off a little background on me. I own a AAA repair shop for 13 years and have been in the automotive business for close to 30 years I am ASE certified and a diagnostic wizard. I have worked on nearly every kind of Japanese and american car/truck/suv/crossover and what ever other fancy nick names the manufacturers throw at them, not to mention some european bombs(the worst cars made). A vehicle(other than a collector type) is the worst investment we make. They depreciate quickly, they require maintenace on a regular basis, they rot, they degrade, etc. Now on to the subject at hand-which minivan to buy. I will tell you from personal experience that you can not go wrong with anything made by Toyota. The next in line would be a Honda. All the rest are second rate at best! Do not waste your money on any kind of American minivan! The best bang for your buck is Toyota. A 3-4 year old Toyota is WAY better than any brand new domestic van. I know I'm gonna get heat for this, but I work on these things day in and day out and I can tell you what is good and what is not. There may be a few other brands that have lasted some people a long time with little trouble but they a far and few between if you look at their repair history. PM me if you have any other questions.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome