The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is this a combo of hair + brush algae?

820 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  zenche 
#1 ·
tank mostly seemed fine...did a big water change (75% on a 70G), replanted some things while the water was low...and afterwards my tank looks like this...with lots of crap all over may plants and driftwood...what gives? any help would be greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#4 ·
Just ran into this stuff the other day. It could be part fungal. My driftwood had a ton of fungus on it and I cleaned it of while it was still in the water. Big mistake. Even after a water change, it still clogged my filter. I woke up and my water was barely flowing and it look like I had a bunch of spider webs in my tank. To boot, I had some planaria on my glass from all the organic matter. I did a big water change and vacuumed what I could. I got most of it and sprayed the rest with hydrogen peroxide. It really cleaned up my water. Today When I got back from work, I did another vac and water change. It is still in my DHG and hygrophila coymbosa but not much. Just have to wait and see.

#5 ·
oh man...thanks for the reply. that is troublesome...i have a massive piece of dw in there that has a bunch of algae that i've been trying to get rid of. last wc (mentioned above), i did a h2o2 spray on just the dw, before filling the tank back up. still a good amount of algae left on it...been trying to figure out how to get rid of it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.