I am new to this forum but have been reading posts for a while. I had an outbreak of algae, and have stopped any ferts for about two weeks and have tested my phosphates and those are zero and my nitrates are about 15 ppm.
The algae i have is thread algae i believe. Its as long as 5-6 cm and is a grayish green color. I have been doing regular water changes trying to get the nitrates down even lower.
My question is, once the nitrates are down, should the algae go away by itself or will i have to manually remove it. It's everywhere, so manually removing it would be a real pain. I also was wondering if any of those algae remedies in a bottle are harmful to plants.