I have am suffering from a bad dose of hair algae, I had it about 6 weeks ago i cut down all my plants, bleached them, used algaecide,cut down on my lighting.....and now its back.....Its down to 1 of 3 things new t5 lighting
220w or gravel cleaning exposing the laterite, or high phosphate levels in my tap water....
Ok i have 150gallon tank
2x58w plant tubes
4x55w t5 tubes 2xdaylight white and 2x pink plant tubes
I tryed phosphate remover in my external, but its in the tap water so when i water change i put it back in(1/4 twice weekly)
I use a fertilzer in a bag which i put in my external(dont know if it is any good..)
I turned the pink t5's off after last algae out break,
now i am just running the 2 normal tubes, i have no co2 as i keep discus and im trying to keep a stable ph...
What can i do im very close to ripping all the plants out???????????