So i started my 10gallon planted tank experiment a few months ago.
I am running into some issue and would like some feed back on what
i can change or do differently. I am a total noobie.
What i have (positive comments/suggestions welcome):
I have a 6500k 32 watt CFL about 2 inches above water line.'
I leave it on for 7 hours a day (3pm-10pm) - Its on a timer.
I am trying EI dosing ( I think its EI ahah) with the following schedule:
- Sunday: 50% WC
1/8th teaspoon of KNO3
5ml of CMS+B
Smudge of KH2PO4
- Monday: 5ml of CMS+B
- Tuesday: 1/8th Teaspoon of KNO3 and smudge of KH2PO4
- Wednesday: Same as Monday
- Thursday: Same as Tuesday
- Friday: Same as Monday
- Saturday: Rest day - No dosing
Plants: Micro Sword
Not sure what the long stuff in the back is
Glosso (5-6 single plants)
Substrate: Eco-Complete with Osmocote plus - 2 (00 side capsule)
total, one on each side, in the middle and burried
all they way down to where the glass is.
Livestock: 3 Siamese algea eater
1 Guppy (Came with the Otos by accident - was a baby and
didn't notice him/her until it was in my tank at home.)
I have DIY Co2 with a 1 liter bottle going through a diffuser. Change
about once every 3 weeks.
I have DIY 4dkh solution and as of right now, the solution is a nice light green color.
Measurements via Master API:
PH - 7
Ammonia - 0ppm
NO2 - 0ppm
N03 - 160ppm
K - dont know how to measure Potassium
P - dont know how to measure Phosphate
GH and KH - just ordered kit... still waiting for it.
Water circulation: I have a powerhead 300 (up to 30 gallons) pushing water around.
So i believe i have listed everything i can think of...(phew!!) Let me know if i missed any necessary information.
Okay so to my problems:
I had this tank up for about 2 1/2 months now.
1) 160ppm of N03 - Where is this coming from?? I know it should be somewhere around 20-30ppm not 160ppm
2) BBA - (Generally cause by low CO2 or unbalanced macro ) my drop
checker is a nice light green color.. so probably unbalance
3) Hair Algae - At a lost here .. help. ( have just been removing it manually
with a used toothbrush) (assuming it is hair algae)
4) GDA or Green Spots - Not sure which one. (Its only on the glass)
Any help would be much appreciated!! (pictures coming soon)