I took my rock and mopani wood out for 2 weeks
I started having a problem with BGA and needed an open gravel surface to do hydrogen peroxide treatments, and the BGA had I'm sure started to get on the wood and the rock that was in the tank, so I took them out and put them in a dark closet for two weeks to dry out. I would assume that any BGA or other algae that was on those pieces would have died during that time, not to return. Am I correct in this?
I soaked them in hot water and scrubbed them as best I could with a stiff brush. When I put them back into the tank, there were still patches of bright green on the wood, But I'm guessing that was only dried remnants of algae from before and that over time that will probably turn brown and decompose.