Planted Tank Obsessed
Join Date: Dec 2003
Thanks for taking the time to bring the info.
From the info,i think it is the light that problems.4.4 watt per gallon seems to be too much. 2-3 watt per gallon is more sufficient in planted aquarium. To clean the algae for once and for all(i hope), cut off the plant leaves with most hair algae while the others,consider these:
a)leave them for fish to eat.
b)take the plant out of the water and use a sponge to scrape them off gently and wash them with tank water and place them back.
c)Left the lights off for 72-96 hours so the algae will die off from lack of nutrients and light.(i don't recommend this one)
And 40% water change is better for a weekly water change