Worked well for me
I did the H2O2 treatment followed by excel dosing this weekend. I had a mix of BBA, green hair algae and some diatoms (relatively new tank). I used the revised 2Tb of H2O2 per 10gal of tank water. My pond snails just laughed and went on cruising around. I have a school of ember tetras all seem to be doing fine 3 days later, so I think it went well. Algae clearing up nicely (though I also did some work to pull some of it out manually). I did have a ton of flow in the tank when I added the H2O2, so I think this step is crucial to success.
I have several stem plants (s. belem, blyxa japonica, pogostemon stellatus, ludwigia cuba) that did fine. My downoi (pogostemon helferi) looks good, so does my peacock moss, cyperus helferi, and staurogyne repens.
Anyhow, good luck to everyone else fighting the good algae fight.