I need some help with some algae issues I am having. I don't have too much experience with algae so if somebody could help me identify what this is and how to kill it I would appreciate it.
I do not dose, I do not have many real plants (the turtle eats them all) and my lights are on 12 hours a day for the turtle to bask in the heat. As you can see in the photos its just making a weird blue film on top of my substrate and driftwood. It is also enveloping my fire moss.
Looks like blue green algae (BGA). It's actually a bacteria. I had this in a planted tank - used a 3 day blackout, and spot treatments with hydrogen peroxide when a few specs showed up later (unplugged filter for 5 min to let water movement settle, plus no fish yet).