I need co2 help BIGTIME. Oh god what did I do wrong?
Okay, so, I'm in a bit of a mild panic mode right now...
I just set my co2 up for the first time last night. I'll also preface this with the fact that I have never used a pressurized setup before.
It was working fine when I started it up, was able to control the flow of bubbles through the bubble counter and went at like 3bps for both tanks that I have connected to this single regulator. However, the odd thing was that on the dials of the regulator itself, the numbers didn't really do much of anything. I'm not sure if I did something wrong with the regulator or whatnot, but I'll get to that in a bit (I'll post a pic up later of what my regulator dials were reading while everything was pumping)
I have the system on a timer, and it did turn off fine. But this morning when I woke up, I looked at it all and not only was my gas not pumping, but I noticed that the mineral oil in my bubble counter had someone traveled down the co2 tubbing, past the check valve (I thought I put them on the right way, but apparently not......that or something else happened.....) and right up to my regulator.
I'm going to take the whole thing apart today, try and fix the tubbing and all that, but I'm just worried as to what went wrong with this.
Things I will note that I think might be important for you guys to know.
1. Its a dual stage regulator that I got from the forum that is being used on two different tanks
2. 20lb co2 tank that was freshly filled
3. I'm not sure if I had the handle thing on the regulator loose enough when I turned the valve open on the co2 canister.
4. I'm not sure if I opened the co2 canister enough (does it even open in increments, or is it like, its either open or its not open......how much are you supposed to twist it?)
5. My check valves were below my bubble counters, I didn't have any above the bubble counters as I thought they weren't "needed" per say (although I think I'm going to want to change that asap)
6. I'm on some time constraints...I go back to school in a week...and then my parents are left with this. So I need to figure this all out and make sure the system is working fine and turning itself on and off before I go back...
7. I don't know anyone in person that has ever done a pressurized setup before, so I feel a little lost since I can't ask a buddy to come over and tell me what I did wrong or how to set this all up or anything....I've been going off of youtube videos and what I can find on google
Btw, is there a guide on this forum about how to properly set up a pressurized co2 system? If so, why is it not a sticky?