The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Tri-State (NY-NJ-CT) LFS [Grading system added] & CO2 directory
View Single Post
post #60 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
Made a little LFS tour after a visit to Frank's this morning.

We visited two stores on the list that hadn't yet been rated.

1) South Shore Tropicals - First, the address in the list is wrong. The correct address is: 127 W. Hoffman Ave, Lindenhurst, NY 11757

127 Merrick Road as in the list is South Shore Tattoo Shop... Only a couple of miles down the road - so no big deal - and there was a pretty cool reptile store across the street.

South Shore Tropicals was nice - and definitely worth a visit if you are out that way. There was a nice selection of quality plants - I got a very nice bunch of Rotala wallichi and Myriophyllums simulans for $3 each, and Matt got a really nice-sized clump of Crypt balansae for $3; a nice number of very clean FW tanks, but not a ton of selection. So I would give it (2 smiles)

2) Animal pantry - 13720 Crossbay Blvd # 1 Jamaica, NY 11417. Nothing great here - just a typical mixed pet shop with a small sized fish dept (40ish tanks - mix FW and SW). Not really worth a special trip.

We also visited a few other already on the list. Tropical showcase and Pets Warehouse (177 Glen Cove Road) - both were really nice. Tropical showcase had a really good variety of plants (pots and stems) in great condition - I got a really nice clump of Myriophyllum tuberculatum. Aquarium village was also really nice - but had a heavier SW feel.

I also update the Google Maps. It also looks like the link to the map on the first post was deleted.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome