The Planted Tank Forum banner

Any suggestions for High PH plants?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ThatGuyWithTheFish 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about rescaping my cardinal shrimp tank and they require high ph in the 7.5-8.0 range.

Any suggestions?

#6 ·
My tap is 8.2 ph...I grow several mosses, taiwan, java, fissidens. Rotolas, ludwigia, water sprite, water wisteria, crypts. So far the only ones that have been problematic have been java ferns but that maybe another param they dont like.Also have lilaeopsis, and dhg and a lily.

#7 ·
I have super hard water (14+gH) at work and 8gH at home (ph at both places is 8 out of the tap) and I haven't noticed any difference in the plants that couldn't be attributed to other factors. But I only grow hardy low-tech plants with Excel and no Co2 so I suspect you might notice a difference with more demanding plants. I have various crypts, mosses, rotala rotundifolia, amazon frogbit, marsilea minuta, hydrocotyle tripartita, hygro, and of course anubias. Those are my work plants and they grow fine. So I wouldn't worry so much about pH unless EVERY other factor (light, CO2, ferts) is optimal and you're still having issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.