The Planted Tank Forum banner

GCCA Parking Lot Swap - February 10th

5K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  devilduck 
#1 · (Edited)
Please post any WTT/WTB/WTS ads in this thread
If posting any WTT/WTS/WTB ads, please use BIG RED BOLD LETTERING in the first line to distinguish it from other posts
Be sure to exchange contact info prior to the event in case someone shows up late!

9AM seems to work out well if you'd like to hang out and chit chat before the swap doors open

Map of parking lot:
Using the same spot as last time...

See less See more
#6 ·
Free
Water Sprite-I have it floating in one of my tanks-will probably have some ramshorn snails with the plants.

I might also have some red cherry shrimp available also for free.

Will definetly have some guppies available if anyone would like some. Cannot be used as feeder fish. Free also

PM me if you want some

PS--It might be a little chilly in the parking lot this time!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
I tried welding shops at first as well in Joliet, but their hours were M-F 8-5 and closed on the weekends, so they didn't work for me.

I believe Brew and Grow has 5lb filled for around $90, but the closest Brew and Grow to you would be either Bolingbrook or the one in the West Loop. Brew and Grow does exchanges of the CO2 tanks and when I exchange mine, I pay around $17 after tax for the 5lb tank. I'd also call ahead first because sometimes they might not have any in stock if they all got exchanged out. The one in Bolingbrook gets their shipments on Thursdays, if that helps out at all.

If you are looking for a small CO2 tank, you can get a paintball CO2 tank. Not sure what size tank you are going to be using it on, but if it's for a nano, the paintball tank would work. You'd have to buy a special adapter to get a regulator on them, but I think it's worth it .

HTH

#11 ·
At one time I had a 5lb tank that i would have to haul all the way up to NFC to be filled (I also live by Midway). Got pretty sick of that so i sold it and down sized to a 20oz paintball bottle. Cost $3.50 to fill at Sports Authority and they give you a refill card where the 10th refill is free. Just another option.

#17 ·
WTS:

I'm look forward to meeting folks before the swap doors open on 2/10. Free anacharis or hornwort with any purchase.

Red Cherry Shrimp
$1 each, minimum 10
$20 for 25
$32 for 40
$37.50 for 50
Ask for 100+

Calico Bristlenose Plecos
$6 for 2 inch size
$4 for 1 inch size

Brown Bristlenose Plecos
$5 for 2 inch size
$3 for 1 inch size

I can also meet at any other GCCA event or pickup in Palatine 60067.

#29 ·
WOW! This swap was P.A.C.K.E.D! They really need to have a more open location in the future, it was so crowded that you could not really see what vendors had. But did get some great fish! Bought 4 cichlids, 20+ shrimp, and a bunch of Texas Holey rock! One of my cherries from Shrimp USA had a baby along the way, and currently birthing the rest in my tank as I type this. :bounce:

What did you all get?

#32 ·
Yes, a little too cramped for my liking. I went around the whole place (big and small room) with Razorworm and we were going to go in for a 2nd look in the big room in case we missed anything, but once I saw how crowded it was, I got out there since I already made 1 lap. I do agree that they need more room down the aisles to walk because it's not easy when it's that crowded. I can only imagine what the April swap will be like?!

#31 ·
Me too! But sold 3 fish, traded one, and begged my husband to buy the holey rock. lol :red_mouth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.