The Planted Tank Forum banner

Gondwana [2.5 gal]

25K views 78 replies 36 participants last post by  WaterLife 
#1 · (Edited)
My new nano! This time with wood... Specification:

Dimensions: 11x8x8" or 27x20x20cm - Optiwhite
Lighting: Azoo Flexi mini 9W
Filtration: Eden 501 (sponge, ceramic rings, Purigen)
CO2: Pressurised 1bps thru glass/ceramic diffuser
Heating: aHeater mini 8W
Substrate: Aquasoil Amazonia, quartz sand
Hardscape: Redmoor wood, lava rocks
Fertilization: PPS pro, Easy carbo
Water parameters: Temp. 23'C, pH 6.5, KH 3, GH 5
Plants: Cryptocoryne tokinensis
Cryptocoryne parva 'Mini'
Bucephalandra sp. 'Kedagang Mini'
Bolbitis sp. 'Mini Guinea 2002'
Microsorum sp. Thai'
Anubias nana 'Mini'
Eleocharis acicularis
Taxiphyllum sp. "Flame moss"
Fissidens fox
Fissidens sp. 'Dwarf'
Fish/shrimps: Boraras micros x 14 (for 3 weeks coming 20 more and 10 Yellow fire shrimps)

Wood is anchored to the SS mesh with SS screws:

Lava rocks acts as a barrier for Aquasoil:

Some plants are glued to the wood with super glue, and Fissidens fox by yoghurt method (this time i have flooded it a few hours after spreading the moss). Seems it works as nothing floated out from the wood and rocks. :)

Bucephalandra sp. 'Kedagang mini'

See less See more
#2 ·
Oooohh, pretty! :)

In the second to last picture, are the lava rock covered in white "wood snot" from the wood, particularly the ones in the front left and right corners? Just wondering why they look smooth faced. I might have preferred to use naturally smooth faced stones/rock for a more natural look, but yours came out looking nice.

I think something can be done to better create more depth towards the back middle of the tank (top point of triangle, for aquascaper talk), but I am no aquascaper haha. Might grow in to create the effect.

Very nice tank! I think some tannins might have it look even better. Good job.

#3 ·
Thanks! That rocks are coated with Fissidens/yoghurt - they will be covered with moss (stones won't be visible) ;)
You are right about center part, now it is to low but there is fissidens so it will grow for a 1-2cm. And on the center background there is Flame moss.

#14 ·
I'm in love.
Just give me that tank with high grade black crystals and im good for life. This is one of the prettiest tank I've ever seen.
You'll have to excuse me, but when I'll have the money and time im gonna copy that absolutely beautiful hardscape.

As for obvious reasons, subscribed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.