The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mini S - Planet Tribble

4K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Diana 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I knew what this tank would look like just from the title.

You didn't disappoint.

And while you may have been trying to be funny with this one, its actually pretty good, in my opinion.
From what I've read of marimo balls, they are found clustered in abundance at the bottom of certain lakes. Lakes have rocks in them, too.
So having both marimo balls in clustered abundance and rocks, you have achieved the natural look so many of us strive for.

Now really impress me and make a good 'scape with Banana Plants.

#10 ·
Thanks for the comments all!

It was fun not taking it too seriously and just throwing it out there.

Tippecone: Good idea on the DW, but no driftwood and Planet Tribble.
Locus: Pretty simple setup - Small Aqueon HOB filter, UP Aqua 25cm LED light (pretty dim), little ferts/little excel, pool filter sand/petrified wood
c10h12n20: Yes it's a heavy burden, many don't realize it, but I'm glad you did.
Ugly: Appreciate that, I try to make it somewhat real, even though it's sort of a 'theme tank. Banana Plants, interesting, maybe I'll.....

#11 ·
Lovely and simple but I have always been under the impression that marimo need very little light, that going medium or high light tents to lend to other invasive algaes taking hold which are then a pain to get rid of as no chemical method of algae removal can be sued on marimo... run on sentence ^^''

#18 ·
My 12-yr old boy did not know what tribbles are, so I showed him a clip from YouTube.

It was funny as hell watching him jump when Kirk opened the overhead bin and out popped a boatload of the things :grin2::grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.