The Planted Tank Forum banner

It's been a long time!

919 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  WETTANK 
#1 ·
After a long ten plus year absence from the hobby I jumping back in with this 6.25

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Like riding a bicycle - some things are never forgotten.

Congratulations! For a beautiful nano and that you finally started posting after having joined the forum 10 years ago.

#8 ·
Specs are pretty basic
Caribsea substrate (which I'm not a huge fan of)
Filter floss and a corse sponge for filtration (no carbon)
Manually dosed co2 which I'm going to upgrade to a auto setup
32 watt led on a six hour photo period
Two neons
Two ottos
One betta
Few assassin snails
Weekly two gallon water changes

#9 ·
You shuld return the neon tetra, they need to be in schools of 6 or more and need much longer tanks for swim rim, also they can get nippy with betta fins. I'd also recommend returning the otos, as they do best in shoals of 6 or more-much less stressed that way- and in well aged tanks with plenty of natural diatoms (unless you're willing to supplement with home made algae rocks-setting rocks in dechlorianted tap or removed tank water either in the sun or under a grow lamp, need several rocks (smooth ideally for the betta's sake) as the otos clean them off faster then they regenerate algae). Also both neons and otos prefer a cools mid 70sF temp range at the highest, while bettas like 78-82F, too hot for the other species.

#10 ·
I'm aware of those particular fishes ideal environment but as they are "rescue" fish,aside from the betta,I put them in. They have all been together and doing quit well for awhile at 78 degrees. Although not ideal conditions all fish are very healthy.
I'm in process of cycling my old 75 gallon and gathering updated newer equipment for so if there are problems that develop they can be moved

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.