Help looking for Lily Pipe for Fluval Edge - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
Help looking for Lily Pipe for Fluval Edge

I'm wondering if anyone is using lily pipes for their Fluval Edge. I'm using a canister filter instead of the HOB. My Eheim has a very bright green plastic one that's just really ugly. I had to cut the end (that's closest to the filter) of the inflow otherwise the tubing wouldn't bend within the back housing. BorneoWild's Glass S series is perfect for my needs, but no idea where to get it.

I have the standard unmodified 6g Fluval Edge.

Does anyone have suggestions or use a lily pipe for their Fluval Edge? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 04:24 AM
Hi. I'm not near my tank right to take pictures, but I do have lily pipes on my fluval edge. I'll try to get back to you with better information later. According to my ebay purchase history, I first bought the "Magic Lily Pipe Set 9mm- Aquarium Plant Tank ADA Filter" from "aquaticmagic." I then later bought a outflow "Hinterfeld Aquarium Glass Inflow Outflow Lily Water Round Pipe 10mm Two-sided" from "aquahk8" on two occasions. This was a year ago so I'm struggling to remember, but what I believe happened is: I replaced the 9mm magic lily pipe because the outflow was too vigorous and replaced it with the 10mm Hinterfeld circular outflow. The 10mm outflow broke because I overclamped it and I purchased another 10mm Hinterfeld circular outflow. In terms of tubing, the original plan was to replace the black Fluval accordian style tubing with PVC...but the PVC was impossible to work with and kinked all over. So I bought a "Fluval Rubber Adapter for Ribbed Hosing" on amazon. Eheims use green plastic tubing already right? Well for Fluvals, you use those rubber adapters to connect the black accordian tubing to the canister filter or to your inflow/outflow or anything you need to attach things to (I had to buy more adapters for my inline heater and inline co2 diffusor for instance). The accordian tubing is kinda of a pain, but it doesn't kink. If you wanted to, I think you could buy the accordian tubing on amazon and fit it onto an Eheim if you have trouble with kinking. Anyways, I used those adapters to connect to two "Brass Barb 5/8" Hose ID to 3/8" Hose ID Reducer Fitting Water Fuel Boat Splicer" from "pnevmo" (on ebay). I then used clear PVC tubing to connect that boat splicer to the actual outflow/inflow. A picture might make that easier to understand. Basically I have like a foot of clear PVC tubing that is hidden within the back portion of the Fluval. Speaking of which, I also had to cut a portion of the back plastic of the Fluval to allow the accordian tubing to exist the back. I'll try to take some pictures when I'm with my tank again. Summary: it can be done! Here's a picture from my instagram that shows the inflow lily pipe somewhat (I used a 9mm steel shrimp filter)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
Thanks, Stobel! I ended up getting knock-offs on eBay for the glass lily pipes. I'll update to see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback! If the current is too strong, I can adjust on the Eheim outflow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode