Mini M Glass Cover - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
Mini M Glass Cover

I had another fish jump out last night and its getting pretty old. So Im thinking about getting the ADA glass cover for my mini m. Does anyone have it that can post some pics? I want to know how much space it gives on the sides for inflow/outflow pipes etc.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 07:00 AM
Just go to lowes and get some glass cut to the size you want. If you have the new type of ada tanks, the lids won't fit- or at least they didn't for a while. I don't know if they fixed that or not.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
The escaping/jumping fish really bothered me too so that's why I got the Mini M lid. If you push the glass all the way to one side, you will have about 1.75 inches left for pipes/equipment, but this also leaves room for jumpers. The lid was around $20 from AFA, before shipping. If I could do it over again, I'd probably just get a custom rectangular piece of glass cut, with a cutout on the sides for the pipes, and also some feeding holes on the top(there is no feeding hole for the Mini M lid).

Here are some pictures for you. Please excuse my dirty tank .

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
Thanks guys
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Algae Grower
I say it is worth it to go down to home depot and ask them to cut a piece of glass to your length. This will decrease jumpers from the tank but the only con i find in a lid is to consistently wiping off the condensation everyday!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode