The Planted Tank Forum banner

need suggestions

728 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FrostyNYC 
#1 ·
I currently have a 2.5 gallon nano with 27 watts over it, so enough light right? Its home to a very tiny kribensis i just want to grow him up and put him in my big tank. But this tank is bare with one chunk of wood and flourite. I was wondering what kind of plants i should try and any suggestions would be great. I want this tank to be dedicated to the forum so i want you guys to design it for me, if you want to lol.

Devin

#2 ·
Are you dosing excel, or do you plan to run some DIY CO2 into the tank? 27 watts is relatively high over a 2.5 gallon.

Easiest thing to grow in a tank that small would be a moss garden, with some petite anubias on a tiny piece of driftwood. Other options include stem plants with tiny leaves (rotala, myrio, etc). Or you could do a tiny iwagami with HC and hairgrass or blyxa.

It really depends on what you like, as you're the one who's going to be looking at it every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.