The Planted Tank Forum banner

4.6 Gallon Biotope

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Aurora D. 
#1 ·
I may create a small 4.6 gallon ada nano along with my larger tank, and I would like it to be in the style of the 2007 second place biotope winner, except instead of a hawaiian stream I would rather try myself at something easier to attain plants for. Probably a pondside. I was just wondering for suggestions on plants (Terrestrial, and Submerged), and livestock. I was thinking about dragonfly nymphs, but can't find them anywhere. Anyways, if anybody has any advice, criticisms, or suggestions please tell. Thanks!!!:biggrin:

#2 ·
Dragonfly nymphs will be hard to keep in your tank because if they live they will turn into dragonflys. This process can take from 40 days up to two years for North American species.

Be advised that they will be hard to see and that they will eat pretty much any living thing in the tank with them including small fish.

You can get dragonfly nymphs from places that sell bait for fishing. I Googled "Dragonfly nymphs for sale" and found plenty of hits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.