Algae problem need filter recommendation
I have a 3 gallon nano betta tank. My plants are growing reasonably well. I have taken all measures to promote plant growth and reduce algae, but I still can't overcome the algae problem.
1. I don't keep the light on for more than 6 hours
2. I add a couple of drops of tetra algae control fluid after every water change
3. I make 50% water change after every week.
4. The tank is not placed under direct sunlight
The only thing I suspect is the water flow/ current in my tank. I have a tetra mini 3i filter that is powered using a 77851 10 gallon pump. However, I don't think there is enough water flow in my tank since my co2 does not get dispersed. The co2 bubbles form some sort of cloudy layer above the water. So, my questions are as follows:
1. From my description do you think the water flow is the problem?
2. If yes, then can some one recommend a mini power head/ or any system that can promote a mild current? (without taking much space in my nano aquarium)
I am tired of trying out many things!. I have crypts, needle leaf ludwigia, and dwarf hair grass in my tank. My ludwigia gets constantly affected by green algae and it looks like that stops it's growth. It's the same with dwarf hair grass. For some reason the crypts are doing reasonably well even though they get affected by algae.