The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mr Aqua 6 gallon filter question.

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  newportjon 
#1 ·
Quick question for all of you.

I'm about to order the Mr Aqua 6 gallon tank, with the idea of turning it into a shrimp tank. I have an Eheim 2213 sitting around and am thinking of using this filter with the tank. My question, is this filter going to be too much on this tank?

Thanks in advance for the responses,
Jon

[Edit: Not sure why I started this thread in this section, other than it is going to be a planted tank. Sorry.]

#3 ·
No, it won't be too much. You can throttle it back with the disconnects. A eheim 2211 or 2213 will work.

On the other issue, I would order an Aquatop long before I ordered a Mr. Aqua.
How come?

Also, do you have a link to the tank you'd suggest? I'm looking on truaqua and I don't see a tank w/ a similar footprint.

Thanks for the speedy response! I was thinking about ordering the 2211 for the tank but, since I already have the 2213, it'll save me some money.

#4 ·
The quality of the Mr. Aqua tanks is not as good as other brands. The glass is green and the silicone work is not that great. Aquatop has great stuff for the price. I'd do ADA if you are going to keep it small, like a mini m. Or go with Aquatop. Heres a nice option:

http://www.truaqua.com/high-clarity-glass-aquarium-hca-14.html

If you really want that footprint, then go for it. Just letting you know the tank quality is lower than other options. Some that are cheaper as well.

This thread might interest you:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2918866

#6 ·
I love my Aquatop, the quality is great. Sadly, if your looking for a long or interesting footprint they don't currently offer such a thing. Get something that you will enjoy or you'll just want it later after buying something else. Between the Mr.Aqua and the ADA you posted I'd go with the ADA for price and quality reasons.

#7 ·
It depends on how much you wanna spend. I bought a 11.4 gallon Mr. Aqua for $45.00 with free shipping, and I am happy with its quality.

Glass clarity isn't bad in my opinion, but of course, it won't be closed to ADA tank. If money isn't an issue, then the decision is real easy to make.

I also like its foot print as 18.9 x 11.8 x 11.8

SM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.