The Planted Tank Forum banner

rice n curry man's Mini M

3K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  harilp 
#1 ·
tank: mini m
lighting: 18in ray 2
substrate: floramax
filter: zoomed 501

I found the rocks on at a park next to Lake Ontario. I just planted some hc and hairgrass. This is gonna take forever to fill. I wanna do something with the left corner. Tell me what you guys think! I think I'm starting it emmersed but I haven't been having good luck with the hc. You can tell that the front piece is yellowing a little.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
lol I like how your Fugeray is on your AC20 (it's not a zoomed 501 like you said up top?). It's pretty ghetto setup, and I mean that in a good way. I originally got the 12" for my Mini-M, but it was not long enough so I got the 14" which works out fine.

#16 ·
I filled it and wiped down the glass with glasses lens cleaner. I also added more details to the sunstrate by making the slopes a little more dramatic. If I had more substrate I would totally had more height to the back left rock. Tell me what you guys think! Also, I'm lovin the flow on the ac30. I hope future shrimp don't mind it

Also for co2 I'm dosing with metricide 14. It should arrive today. Hopefully it works! I was way too messy with the yeast dealio

Attachments

#19 ·
People just like to be nosey I think and browse for ideas lol. I really like what you have done. Those rocks are full of interesting details. I think you've got the position of them spot on. I agree with you about banking up the left corner a little though. Maybe steal some substrate from the front right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.