The Planted Tank Forum banner

DBP Club! Join the movement.

71K views 457 replies 55 participants last post by  somewhatshocked 
#1 · (Edited)
This has been a requested club as of late.

Specifically made for people using the 18"inch long Deep Blue Professional nano, this is a membership where we can chat about tanks, link our journals and see some pictures.

Just because it was made just for the 3.2 gal 18x6x6 tank doesn't mean other people with DBP tanks can't join! I personally own two, but I love the product. It is a great and cheap product which is well constructed and reliable.

I'll start this off with a picture of my own:

Aquarium decor Aquatic plant Pet supply Freshwater aquarium Fish supply

And I'll end it with the list I'll keep as recent as possible.

Our first member introduced many of us to these tanks. Kudos to Somewhatshocked

DBP Members:
#1. Somewhatshocked
#2. MABJ
#3. Jdiesels
#4. A.D.D.i.c.t.
#5. VJM
#6. Fuze
#7. kruzerman
#8. BeastMaster
#9. kitesailor
#10. Scifisarah
#11. hambone870
#12. tyeroc
#13. chou
#14. snaeberk
#15. whiteblaze11
#16. Soothing Shrimp
#17. GreenBliss
#18. Couesfanatic
#19. mjbn
#20. poppyseed
#21. moosenart
#22. Gavin228
#23. bulalo

See less See more
#286 ·
2.3 and 3.2 might be one in the same.. Are you talking about the "5 Betta Long tank"?

If so, check allpet. There was lots of confusion on how big the long tank was. I even thought it was 2.3 gallons once.

#296 ·
I'm still undecided on plants. I have some UG, but I don't plan on using CO2 for this baby, so at most I think it would just survive and not fill in. Probably the same with HC. There's always glosso, I suppose..

I ended up going with an UP aqua light from amazon because it was fairly cheap. It's the Pro-LED-F-25, not a whole lot of info about it but I figured I'd give it a whirl.

#302 ·
Hm, once upon a time I had some of that.. I'm just a little hesitant because it doesn't seem like a lawn you can chop down if you don't like the length. I don't want to have to fight to keep my stones from being hidden I suppose. Decisions decisions!

I've been super busy.. But Poppyseed, your tank looks amazing. Keep it up.
Thank you!

I'm glad someone else is thinking out of the box and using the extra glass to "accessorize" their 5B. Haha
Hehe, it works great so far! The panels also fit where the lid would go, so this way I can still have a partial cover with a HOB filter.

#307 ·
I am thinking about redoing my DBP. It was the first tank I ever set up, and I made a bunch of mistakes I would like to correct. My Betta in residence is going to an Aquastyle, so it's a good time to reboot.

I know MABJ had least killifish in one of these. Any opinions on stocking with them? And setup or scape changes that would make them comfortable?

#308 ·
I found personally it wasn't a great fit because my tank was geared 100% towards shrimp. If you try them out, definitely consider extra filtration, 50/50 floater cover and some stem plants.

They're in general a very easy fish to keep. I wouldn't keep them with shrimp.

#328 ·
Cool, thanks for the advice, I'll try that out when I'm not too lazy to get up. lol

I'm also getting a 2nd DBP 3G tank. I find myself really missing my old Kuhli loaches so I might do something with them.. Not sure if I wanna take the risk mixing them with TT's or CRS, even though their mouths are soooo small still.
I think the Kuhli's will get too big for this tank, and I wouldn't mix them with nicer shrimp. The kuhli's I've kept have gotten bigger than I'd like to keep in a tank this small.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.