Added a school of 18 Chili Rasboras. Had to put a foam cover on the bridge between the two flasks as it was sucking up the Chilis. After a couple of days most of them were in the 5L. Also added an overflow switch after my incident with nerites crawling into the bridge pipes. I don't want to come home to most of my water on the floor, a burnt up pump, heater, and dead fish. I have some other fittings I'm going to try using but for now I just want to keep everything running smoothly. The Chilis were difficult to photograph as they're swimming too fast so they're mostly a blur.
WOW! Yet another Great Project? Just wondering which of your tanks do you like the best?
Hard to say but probably my 60gal. cube which I don't even have on the forum. I've had it longer than any of the 3 tanks I currently have up but have never taken the time to upload many photos of it. It's just a normal tank, nothing antique or unusual like the other ones I've shown but it has the greatest variety of plants and fish of any of my tanks by virtue of its size.
Just added a neat 4 arm adapter which I've fitted with the float switch in the center, the temperature probe in one, and the ADA glass feeder in the other. Still have an open one if I want to add anything else. I had to figure a way to use the float switch which is supposed to be attached with a suction cup. I came up with the idea of using a rubber washer which I trimmed down to size to hold it in place. Here's some photos I just took of it:
I came up with a much easier way to start the siphon between the two flasks by switching out the parallel distillation connecting adapter with a transfer distilling adapter plus a flow control inlet adapter with glass stopcock. I can suck the air out of the transfer distilling adapter and turn the stopcock valve off once it's filled with water. Before, I had to fill the tube up with water from a sink and then use corks at each end. Then I installed the glass tube into the two receiving necks of the flasks with the corks in place. Finally, I had to use long tweezers to pull the corks out. What a pain. This is a piece of cake by comparison. Finally got both lights functioning now. Didn't realize my smaller LED light used a European size socket when I bought it on ebay so had to find a European to Candelabra adapter.