The Planted Tank Forum banner

ADA Mini M - UK

16K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  Xalyx 
#1 ·
Hi All

I thought I'd share my recent mini m scape which ive done some new photographs of tonight.

Specs

Tank: ADA Cube Garden Mini M - 36x22x26cm / 5mm optiwhite glass
Hardscape: Seiryu Stone
Co2: Pressurised via Do!Aqua Music Glass - Mini 10D, Music Counter and ADA grey parts set
Lighting: ADA Mini-M - Solar 27W light
Filtration: Fluval 205 external to
Outlet - Cal Aqua Nano outlet
Inlet - Do!Aqua Violet Glass mini MV-1 13D
Heating: None as its in a centrally heated room.
Substrate: ADA Power Sand Special topped with a mix of new and recycled ADA Amazonia - Penac P & W and tourmaline for good measure (yes i know its not needed but i might as well use what I have!)
Ferts per day: TPN + and Brighty K then EI to follow when I run out of TPN
Critters: Red Cherry Shrimp, fish undecided yet
plants to include - fissidens, 1-2 grow HC, hairgrass mini, hydro sp japan, amania SP bonsai.

Here's the tank stripped down, cleaned then had the powders and power sand added. removed from the edges so it doesnt show then covered with amazonia

ada mini m 1 by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

Initial hardscape then added another and wetted as I wasn't happy with the back left. There are 5 stones in there and the big stone is actually made up of 2 which slotted together nice

ada mini m 2 by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

Planting of the grass and HC started. Really love the mini grass out of the 1-2 grow as its so much easier to cut sections than with rock wool. I didn't do too well with the HC though. I bought two pots and they stayed in the same place waiting to go in but one changed colout to an off green and the other was ok. When they went into the tank you could see the difference and the upshot is that the off green has melted and the other is doing fine :(

ada mini m 3 by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

Planted up and running. I decided to grade my amazonia so the bottom layer is sieved big particles then the top is what was left over plus powder.

ada mini m 4 by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

Its had two water changes since but im having to keep the flow real slow otherwise it blasts away the slope on the left!

------------------------------------

Day 12. seems to be going ok at the moment and Ill be adding some lodgers soon.

ADA Mini-M Nano planted tank. by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

a couple of weeks growth. algae seems to be kept at bay apart from some i removed from the glass. Its had one trim and is now due another to keep the HC low.

Ive also added from endler guppies from my LFS and also popped a few cherry shrimps in too.

ADA mini m by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

It had a big trim. Had some algae creeping in after I didnt get around to doing a water change for a week and a half but its back on track now.

Some updates on the growth at 6 weeks.

ADA Mini M Nano - 6 Weeks Growth by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

Red Cherry

ADA Mini M Nano - Red Cherry Shrimp by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

some stone and Mini SP Hairgrass

ADA Mini M Nano - Seiryu by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

Ammania SP Bonsai

ADA Mini M Nano - Amania SP Bonsai by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

ADA Mini M Nano - Cherry Shrimp by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

An example of the substrate, course at the bottom for water flow and fine at the to for planting

ADA Mini M Nano - Substrate Example by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

A bubble next to some HC and a new plant from Tropica - Ludwigia Palustris

ADA Mini M Nano - Bubble in HC by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

See less See more
#21 ·
Thanks. It's a canon 5d Mkii with 16-35L lens

You guys are lucky over in the UK. I spent forever trying to find a decent online plant supplier. In the UK you can just order from the green machine or tropica.
Yes we are very lucky in the uk in that regard. I'm quite luck as the green machine is only 25 miles away from my house so very easy to pop into :)

I'm also doing a tank for tropica at the moment in my 90cm so had a nice delivery of plants direct from them before Christmas
Great tank though.
Thanks muchly

that last shot looks very nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.