The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mini's ADA 30-C tank log!

6K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  minicrazy592 
#1 · (Edited)

February 10th:

February 20th:

So I've had this thing sitting in my bedroom for a couple of weeks now waiting on various stuff to show up/me dragging my feet, you get the idea. Anyway I always wanted an ADA tank just because they're suppose to be the best and I can think of worse things to spend $90 on.

Day it arrived:

The seams are really something to behold:

Equipment:

I did a little review on the light for this tank here--> Click

Final scape:

Contour line map of the substrate (min depth: 1" Max depth: 5":

Layout:

Planned Flora:

Plants should be in Friday or sometime during the weekend so stay tuned! :)

See less See more
#9 ·
So I bought some plants from Oleg. (Thanks again!) Still waiting on some more to come in, but I went ahead and planted anyway.

Each of these blades of micro sword were made into an individual plant. Stupidly tedious process, but should be worth it in the end.

Filled the tank up a bit:

First planted the Micro Sword:

Then the Staurogyne repens:

Filled up the tank:

Earlier today after the water cleared up:

Still to come: Dwarf baby tears and the M.M.

#10 ·
So it's been awhile. I've been in and out of town for the whole month so the tank has done some crazy things.

I planted some dwarf baby tears back on the 12th of December:

Went out of town for a couple of weeks. I had a friend watching my tanks. Came back to a bloom on the 30-C while my other tanks were pristine, go figure.

Cleaned it up and this is what it looked like on New Years:

With the 12g:

Still have these things to take care of:

Also don't know what these little buggers are:

#11 ·
Nicely done contours =) I like how you executed the plantings too. Are you still planning on adding marsela in the top right corner? If not, maybe consider letting the micro swords fill into the upper left corner and transplant the s. repens in that corner to the right?

Looks really great either way... just can't help but see micro swords in that corner. The moss looks good trimmed in between the stones too.

#15 ·
You can thank my bucket, an ottocat, one amano, and 2 cherries for their services. ;)

As you can see I had a bit of everything growing in there when I came back, the most being diatoms I believe.

Looks well executed! What are your plans for fauna?
Haven't decided just yet. Something small below 1". I may move over my Dario Dario assuming he pairs up with what hopefully out of the two others is a female. If not, some kind of small schooling fish along the lines of a Raspora or tetra.

#25 ·
Thanks!

Earlier this month:

And now.

As you can see, things are stupidly over grown and despirate need of a trim. As well as half the tank is being taken over by thread algae. I started a blackout yesterday. Planning on a CO2 increase after a couple days of darkness and hope that takes care of it. Parameters are spot on and I stopped dosing ferts. Lighting schedule is the same as its always been. Any ideas?

Also need tips on trimming everything. Never have had any of these plants before (minus the various baby tears).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.