The Planted Tank Forum banner

The CRS's New Edge!

14K views 67 replies 21 participants last post by  chan1011 
#1 ·
Now that I have my 40B up and running I can focus more of my attention on my 6gal Edge. I've always had a shrimp tank, My first tank was a 20 gal long Red Cheey Shrimp tank, which was very easy to keep. Within a month of getting them, there were berried females. After keeping them for about two years, I have been researching Crystal Red Shrimp for months.

I have slowly made a list of materials and purchased them over time. After the price of a new LED edge went on sale to $116, I had to buy one. Next was aquasoil. Since the tsunami over in japan the shortage of aquasoil delayed the tank for some months. I finally found the whole system at one location, ADG. I bought a 2 liter bag of Power Sand Special-S, a 9 liter bag of Aquasoil Amazonia II, and a 9 liter bag of Aquasoil Amazonia II Powder for $130ish shipped to Alaska. I also bought 5mg each of ADA Clear Super, ADA Turmaline BC, ADA Bacter 100, ADA Penac P, and ADA Penac W.

Here's some progess :)

See less See more
#66 ·
I recently bought a 2.5QT after the 5.5QT tank cracked when I was scraping glass. I used the filter from the edge to jump start the cycle process. I need the 2.5QT tank at 7.2ish ph, but the ph is the same as the edge. My question is will this seeded edge filter change the ph of the 2.5QT to the ph of the edge tank? 2.5QT is bare bottom with treated tap water ph 7.4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.