I ended up tearing the tank down because it got overloaded with hair algae.
Back to the beginning.
I had some seiryu stones laying around and a log with anubias petites on it. It was from a holding tank I took apart. I sawed the log in half and just kind of tetris'd them together.
I tried to keep the log off centered from the middle because I've noticed the outflow from the filter is in that zone and would always disrupt the substrate. So this was to keep the flow from moving things around. And most of the light is in the middle of the tank so just keeping the plants near there is best.
Lots of rocks in the tank. Just the heater in the filter.
Anubias petite on the log, anubias barteri on the rocks, NLJF, and some red crypts in the corners.
The tropica 49 is a bit of an experiment to see how it'll do in this tank. Its not doing so well in my other one.
I got some fissiden and tied them to some small manzanita branches I had lying around from that 300 gallon tank. They were small ones that broke off when I was moving those massive branches around.
This tank is for the girlfriend so I put in 5 guppies. 3 males, 2 females. I need to get 1 or 2 amanos just for cleanup. Or an oto but I don't think there's enough algae for one to munch on.