Yes I'm getting one... yes this is nano "tank" #8... need some help brainstorming some alternative lighting options for the Spec V
My old Spec light was awful and lasted a whole month before burning out, the one with the new kit doesn't look any better/brighter.
The dimensions of the Spec V are 17.2" x 6.3" x 10.6"
1. Fluval CFL 13W
- length of the bulb is about 6.5" so this falls short, hanging 2 on opposing sides would be ugly
2. Finnex 26W
- lighting is probably way too high, the bulb seems even shorter
3. Marineland Doublebright LEDs
- for 18"-24", I'm worried this will hang off the tank a little bit and doesn't quite match, it would also obstruct the cover, a clip light would be best.
4. Archaea LED 30cm
- 11.8", I'm leaning towards this now, seems sleek and the right shape, but a little short.
5. Archaea LED 45cm
- this is perfect at 17", but it would have to clip on into the glass middle of the tank, throwing it off a bit, and you can't use the cover.
Debating between #4 and #5, leaning towards 4 but it leaves about 5" of deadspace.